- (verb) decrease or fade gradually before coming to an end. “the storm had petered out”
Peter meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- क्षीण होना, फीका करना
- early 19th century: of unknown origin.
Peter in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- ICC World Cup 2019: India equal unwanted world record with loss …, The Indian cricket team’s unbeaten run in the ICC World Cup 2019 … Title contenders India weren’t up to the task as their chase petered out on …
- Know your candidate: DMK announces nominees for Rajya Sabha …, After the DMK’s rival and ruling party All India Anna Dravida … ensured I missed some of them!) but it petered out in an anti-climax,” he tweeted.
- A World Cup lost and found, India had lost each of its three matches: England bowled out India for 63; New … On home turf, India’s campaign petered out with a whimper.
- View: Doubts over India’s GDP numbers may continue for sometime, Until that is done, doubts about India’s GDP numbers will continue. … recovery post-demonetisation having petered out — the focus had, in any …
- A ‘pride’ that roared on the streets of Kolkata yet again, By the time darkness descended, they had accomplished India’s first … emails even as planned participation from other cities petered out.