- (adj) (of a disease or poison) extremely severe or harmful in its effects;“a virulent strain of influenza”
- (adj) bitterly hostile;“a virulent attack on liberalism”
Virulent (विरलन्ट / विर्यलन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उग्र, जहरीला, तीखा, द्रोही, विषमय, विषाक्त, विषैला, संक्रामक
- late Middle English (originally describing a poisoned wound): from Latin virulentus, from virus ‘poison’
Virulent in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Virulent CPM hatred triggered attack on CITU leader.
- In this past week we have seen virulent hysteria from political leaders on a scale rarely seen before.
- Even while targeting BJP, parties are competing with each other to be seen as the most virulent critic of the half-baked move.
- Strain of dengue in Delhi less virulent, says health secretary.
- On the social media, the tone is virulent; one asked, “why should every policy be about the poor.” Why indeed?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Virulent
Acrid Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with pictures
- (adj) unpleasantly bitter or pungent; “the acrid smell of smoke clung about the building”
Acrid (ऐक्रिड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- तीखा, चरपरा, कटु, उग्र, कड़ुवा
- early 18th century: formed irregularly from Latin acer, acri- ‘sharp, pungent’ + -id1, probably influenced by acid.
Acrid in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- These days flavours of apple, mint, cheery, even chocolate and coffee are added to mask the acrid taste of tobacco.
- After having sex with her husband, she would sleep in a separate room, the sheets slowly soaking with an acrid smell.
- The blaze has belched acrid smoke across a widespread area of Southern California, prompting air quality warnings.
- My nostrils dilate while savoring the acrid odor of gunpowder and blood.
- The acrid smell of tear gas fills the air.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of acrid
- Acrid – Acid like ( ‘r’ hata do)
Fetid Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
Fetid [fet-id, fee-tid]
- (adj) smelling extremely unpleasant
Fetid (फेटड / फेटिड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- बदबूदार, दुर्गंधयुक्त, दुर्गन्धयुक्त
- late Middle English: from Latin fetidus (often erroneously spelled foetidus ), from fetere ‘to stink’. Compare with fetor.
Fetid in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of fetid
- Feet-ID = es bande ke Feet smell kar rahe hai.. pls note his ID
How Fetid Your Fart Is?