- (adj) travelling from place to place, in particular working or based in various places for relatively short periods. “the peripatetic nature of military life”
- (adj) (of a teacher) working in more than one school or college.
“a peripatetic music teacher”
- (noun) a person who travels from place to place, especially a teacher who works in more than one school or college. “peripatetics have been cut under local management of schools”
- (noun) an Aristotelian philosopher.
Peripatetic meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- जगह जगह घूमनेवाला, परिभ्रामी व्यक्ति, अरस्तूवादी, परिभ्रामी, आवारा, आवारागर्द, जगह-जगह घूमनेवाला, पथिक, यात्री
- late Middle English (denoting an Aristotelian philosopher): from Old French peripatetique, via Latin from Greek peripatētikos ‘walking up and down’, from the verb peripatein .
Peripatetic in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic and LA Galaxy mutually part ways after 2 …, … his departure have been heard for months, and Ibrahimovic has never stayed at any club for more than four seasons in his peripatetic career.
- The Peripatetic Indian, In Kottayam, Kerala, two young men from Uttar Pradesh wash a dozen cars a day. The owner of the car wash charges Rs 200 a car and gives …
- India: For the memory of “Chatto”, The whole story of Indian independence struggle against British empire was a …. His peripatetic travels open a window onto the prefigurative politics of Indian …
- Author Namwali Serpell Gets Her Best Ideas on Planes and …, The writer’s peripatetic upbringing has defined her sense of ….. at the end of October, and the Times of India Festival in Mumbai is in December.
- Peripatetic Modi turns tour guide for Xi Jinping in Mamallapuram … Welcome to India, President Xi Jinping! pic.twitter.com/1NGGKTFSCm.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Peripatetic
- peripatetic sounds like par pe tic tic….means wandering on legs.
- peri+pat+etic–peri means around, + pat or path means road to walk on, therefore peripatetic means to walk around.