- (adj) very small of its kind
- (noun) painting or drawing included in a book (especially in illuminated medieval manuscripts)
- (noun) a copy that reproduces a person or thing in greatly reduced size
Miniature (मिनीअचर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi dictionary)
- लघु, छोटा, छोटे आकार का, अति सूक्ष्म, सूक्ष्म आकार का चित्र
- late 16th century: from Italian miniatura, via medieval Latin from Latin miniare ‘rubricate, illuminate’, from minium ‘red lead, vermilion’ (used to mark particular words in manuscripts).
Miniature in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- She has thoughtfully created miniature counterparts as small as 12″x12″ of the larger paintings, with the intricacies only getting finer.
- A cricket fan in England has hand-built a miniature stadium in memory of late Australian Phillip Hughes.
- Railways enthusiasts can view miniature train models at the Bengaluru city railway station soon.
- Generally, the mosquito’s breeding spots are found in mini-fountains, feng shui plants and miniature artificial ponds.
- He saw the miniature models of the houses to be constructed in Warangal town.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of miniature
- miniature mein chuppa hai “mini”
Miniature French fries. mini food