- (verb) involve (someone) deeply in an argument, conflict, or difficult situation. “the organization is currently embroiled in running battles with pressure groups”
- (verb) bring into a state of confusion or disorder. “what merit do you claim for having embroiled everything in which you are concerned?”
Embroil meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- घपला, झगड़ा
- early 17th century: from French embrouiller ‘to muddle’.
Embroil in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Mattala airport deal will embroil Sri Lanka in India-China ‘regional …
- War of Words in India-Pakistan Embroil May Lead to Full Conflict
- Opponents trying to embroil me in corruption cases: Pankaja Munde
- Thursday admitted meeting ex-Congress MLA Asif Mohammed Khan, but tried to embroil the Bharatiya Janata Party in the whole controversy.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Embroil
- “Wait… was I supposed to boil the chicken or broil it?” said the embroiled child
- embroil = ’em+broil i.e make them broil..force som1 to me heated with confusion