Melancholic Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi Translation
Melancholic [mel-uh n-kol-ik]
(adj) sadness, or a person who feels this way
(adj) disposed to or affected with melancholy; gloomy
Melancholic (मेलन्कालिक) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
अवसादग्रस्त, उदास, म्लान, विषादग्रस्त, विषादपूर्ण, उदासी की अवस्था
- Middle English: from Old French melancolie, via late Latin from Greek melankholia, from melas, melan- ‘black’ + kholē ‘bile’, an excess of which was formerly believed to cause depression
Melancholic in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- I felt melancholic about this.
- For it’s when we’re melancholic that words flow for most of us and the emoji simply usurps those words.
- But having said that, The Lovers and the Leavers is not a melancholic book.
- What is commendable is that both actors effortlessly transition from happy to melancholic to even angry in some scenes.
- His demeanour suggests a meditative melancholic mood.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Melancholic
- melan = ‘black’ = sadness
Bollywood – Melancholic scenes
Lugubrious Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary word to your wordlist
Lugubrious [loo–goo-bree-uh s, –gyoo-]
- (adj) excessively mournful
Lugubrious (लुगूब्रीअस / लूग्यूब्रीअस) meaning in Hindi
Lugubrious word usage in recent news (Lugubrious in a sentence)
- That kind of lugubrious tone.
- He sings in such a lugubrious tone as to suggest simultaneously a low rumbling in the caves and a pronouncement from a deity.
- He’s too Welsh and lugubrious.
- Some are “poetic”, some lugubrious, some scathingly self-mocking.
- The old lady blows out her cheeks and assumes a lugubrious expression.
- Two schools of thought that emerged: One, that I just might be tragically right – but who needed such lugubrious news?
- The mood is lugubrious.
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of Lugubrious
- He was very mournful when he had to BURY his maimed LEG.
How to say or pronounce Lugubrious
Time to watch Shahrukh Khan’s lugubrious song from the movie ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’
Dolorous Vocab Meme +1 Vocab Word to your Word List
Dolorous [dol-er-uhs, doh-ler-] (adjective)
Dolorous Word Usage:
Her music always has a faintly dolorous feel