- (adj) bringing strong images, memories, or feelings to mind. “powerfully evocative lyrics”
Evocative meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- याद ताज़ा करने वाला
- mid 17th century: from Latin evocativus, from evocat– ‘called forth’, from the verb evocare (see evoke).
Evocative in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- The plan to reform India’s babudom, … is evocative of the passion that many young civil servants bring to their job—a fact that would have made India’s first home minister, Sardar …
- Best coupes under ₹1 crore in India, The sportscars available in India in the coupé body style exemplify … but the 300hp, 2.0-litre flat-four isn’t as evocative as the flat-six of old.
- Rescuing history from homogeneity, This book has around 60 stories interspersed with several evocative … Documenting events from Indian history, Pillai introduces us to several …
- It is extremely urgent that the Indian art community reaches out to local …, Late Indian sculptor Mrinalini Mukherjee’s evocative retrospective “Phenomenal Nature”, the first comprehensive display of Mujherjee’s work in …
- Marking Gandhi’s 150th anniversary, … and the 75th year of Indian independence in 2022. From getting singers from 124 countries, to singing Gandhi’s favourite, evocative bhajan, …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Evocative
- Provocative- cause to start something (provoke). Evocative- an effect of something (evoke).
- Eve brought eight (octive) apples to Adam
Steeped in history, the city of Hyderabad is one of India's most evocative ancient quarters