- (adj) strange; odd. “she had a queer feeling that they were being watched”
- (adj) slightly ill. “he was feeling rather queer”
- (adj) denoting or relating to a sexuaor gender identity that does not correspond to established ideas of sexuality and gender, especially heterosexual norms. “queer geek culture has featured gay themes since the 1980s”
- (noun) a homosexual man.
- (verb) spoil or ruin (an agreement, event, or situation). “Reg didn’t want someone meddling and queering the deal at the last minute”
Queer meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- समलैंगिक आदमी, विचित्रता, समलैंगिक, विचित्र, अजीब
- early 16th century: considered to be from German quer ‘oblique, perverse’, but the origin is doubtful.
Queer in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- We Asked Queer Indians How They First Learned About Sex, In India, learning about the birds and the bees can be a conflicting experience. On one hand, there’s the uncomfortable coughing and red-faced …
- Queer literature in India: Son, are you Mohanaswamy?, There is a lack of queer literature in Indian languages, he said, adding that it was a sorely needed category. This is true. Hours of research later, …
- Campuses in the city fight the queer taboo, During the Pride Month, we conducted a queer filmmaking workshop ….. The cricketer was also surprised to know that former Indian cricketer …
- Not my fault I was born gay: 19-year-old commits suicide over …, People in India do not like that, read the Facebook post. Please … Speaking to the New Indian Express, C Moulee, founder of Queer Chennai …
- TLI Explains: The Origin Of LGBT Movements & The Term ‘Queer‘, In recent years, many countries including India have recognized third gender and homosexuals which were the result of many different …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Queer
- queer is similar to weird which also means STRANGE.
- To stand in a QUEUE for bEER is utterly strange.
How To Pronounce Queer
Indian Grandma reacts to Queer Eye | Netflix