- (verb) prod (someone) gently with one’s elbow in order to attract attention. “people were nudging each other and pointing at me”
- (verb) touch or push (something) gently or gradually. “the canoe nudged a bank of reeds”
- (verb) coax or gently encourage (someone) to do something. “we have to nudge the politicians in the right direction”
- (verb) approach (an age, figure, or level) very closely.“both men were nudging fifty”
- (noun) a light touch or push. “he gave her shoulder a nudge”
Nudge meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- टहोका मारना, तक जाना, कुहनी से हलका धक्का, टहोका , कुहने से छूना, कुहनी से छूना, टहोका मारना, तक जाना, कुहनियों से धकियाते हुए आगे बढ़ना, टेहोकना, ले जाना, कुहनी से इशारा करना
- late 17th century (as a verb): of unknown origin; compare with Norwegian dialect nugga, nyggja ‘to push, rub’.
Nudge in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- The Reserve Bank of India will nudge bank CEOs to pass on the benefit of lower policy rates like it did after the previous policy, because the …
- Max Bupa, one of India’s leading standalone health insurance player, … long integrated campaign #ExYourExcuse, in order to nudge people, …
- To add to the problems of aviation, one India’s most regulated … why are Indian carriers struggling so hard to nudge up their profitability ratios?
- Nudge the bars and the speed with which the bike drops into a corner … At ₹10.49 lakh (ex-showroom, India), the ZX-6R is quite nicely priced.
- India hasn’t been immune to this nexus either, and the country’s … Visa Steel, filed in December 2017 following the banking regulator’s nudge.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Nudge
- I nudged him with my nose when my hands were tied.
- (verb) be imminent or about to happen; “my impending departure”
impend (इम्पेन्ड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- निकट होना, समीप आ जाना, आ जाना
- late 16th century: from Latin impendere, from in- ‘towards, upon’ + pendere ‘hang’.
impend in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Yet, it remains the loyal lieutenant as even greater failures and attendant dangers impend due to Washington’s arrogance.
- Decline and disaster impend, but my thoughts don’t linger there. It shouldn’t surprise me if at this time next week I’m surrounded by family.
- Apple douses rumor of impending iMessage release for Android.
- One Last Chance to Stop China’s Impending Debt Crisis.
- Don’t panic about news of impending Fed rate hike.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of impend
- impending – jaada days pending nahi rahega ab… about to happen
- (adj) about to happen; “there was speculation that a ceasefire was imminent”
imminent (इमनन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- सन्निकटता, आसन्न, करीब, निकटस्थ, सन्निकट, पास का, आने वाला, निकट का, अभी होने वाला
- late Middle English: from Latin imminent- ‘overhanging, impending’, from the verb imminere, from in- ‘upon, towards’ + minere ‘to project’.
imminent in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- South African presidency denies imminent arrest of finance minister.
- Are Poor Sales, Lack Of Growth Signaling Imminent Recession?
- Nizami shifted to Dhaka Central Jail, execution imminent.
- Recent satellite images show no imminent signs of a fifth North Korean nuclear test.
- Air India pays pilots part of pending dues, avoids imminent strike.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of imminent
- imminent ~ immediate hone waala
Avi Lipkin: Is World War 3 Imminent?