- (noun) a trap for catching birds or mammals, typically one having a noose of wire or cord.
- (noun) a thing likely to lure or tempt someone into harm or error. “seducers laid their snares for innocent provincials”
- (noun) a length of wire, gut, or hide stretched across a drumhead to produce a rattling sound.
- (noun) a wire loop for severing polyps or other growths.
- (verb) catch (a bird or mammal) in a snare. “the foxes were humanely snared”
- (verb) catch or trap (someone). “five blackmailers were snared in a police sting”
Snare meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- जाल, फँसाना, फंदा, फंदे में फाँसाना, स्नेयरअ, जाल में नीचे बिछी धातु की छड़, प्रलोभन का जाल, जाल में फसाना
- late Old English sneare, from Old Norse snara . snare (sense 2 of the noun) is probably from Middle Low German, Middle Dutch snare ‘harp string’.
Snare in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- India’s killer wire snares, 22 tigers and 109 leopards choked to death in India due to wire snares between 2010 and 2018. Wildlife Protection Society of India has …
- Polypectomy Snare Industry 2019 Ongoing Trends and Recent …, HNY Research projects that the Polypectomy Snare market size will grow from USD XX … 1.2.2 Cold snare polypectomy … 2.2.6 India Market
- Poachers’ snares kill 36 big cats across India in 2019 … In March, a wildlife photographer snapped a tiger with a snare wound on its neck.
- Wire Snares: The Silent Stranglers, However, a database by Wildlife Protection Society of India (WPSI), working … “Anti-snare walks is the best preventive measure to monitor and …
- Leopard caught in snare rescued near Wayanad, KOZHIKODE: A leopard, which got stuck in a wire snare inside a tea plantation at Arapetta near Meppadi in Wayanad, was rescued by forest ..
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Snare
- No AIR = trapped