- (noun) a person who attacks or criticizes cherished beliefs or institutions.
- (noun) a destroyer of images used in religious worship, in particular.
Iconoclast meaning in Hindi
- रिवाज़ तोड़ने वाला (m),परम्परा तोड़ने वाला (m),बुतशिकन (m),रूढ़िगत विचारों का विरोधी (m),मूर्ति,पूजा विरोधी (m),मूर्तिभंजक (m),मूर्ति तोड़ने वाला (m)
Iconoclast in a sentence (sentences from news)
- Aamir Khan is a closet iconoclast — no doubt about it
- In 14th Century, an Islamic invader called Sikander Butshikan (iconoclast) destroyed the Martand Sun Temple
- He was an iconoclast, too. In fact, he detested religion, temples, rituals, superstitions, Brahminical practices and reactionary Hinduism.
- Watch: 2014: Year of the Iconoclast: A Video Essay
- Pippi Longstocking Is Still An Iconoclast For The Ages: Drawn & Quarterly Release Pippi Won’t Grow Up
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of Iconoclast
- icons-ideals; clast is like clash… so iconoclast is someone whose ideas clash with the traditional ideals. -by maryannmanavalan
How to pronounce Iconoclast
Remember this word from movie PK