- (adj) abrupt or offhand in speech or manner; “she could be brusque and impatient”
Brusque (ब्रस्क) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 17th century: from French, ‘lively, fierce’, from Italian brusco ‘sour’.
Brusque in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Donald Trump is brusque, aggressive, narcissistic and most likely, brutally honest.
- Known for his hard-line law-and-order views and brusque manner, he would set a very different tone than previous holders of the job.
- Trump has come across as brusque, almost bordering on being boorish, with no respect for the woman.
- While such sudden and brusque changes are the norm in corporate America which did not even spare its CEO Steve Jobs in 1985.
- Brusque & ruthless, Jagmohan Dalmiya lifted the game.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of brusque
- brush kyun??? I dont want to brush and kiss you!
Lackadaisical Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) lacking enthusiasm and determination; carelessly lazy; “I was lackadaisical about my training”
Lackadaisical meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 18th century (also in the sense ‘feebly sentimental’): from lackaday or its obsolete extended form lackadaisy.
Lackadaisical in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Lethargic, lackadaisical and insensitive bureaucracy in India.
- World in reality has a lackadaisical approach to Tibet’s Panchen Lama.
- The writing is also curiously confused and lackadaisical.
- All three films seem to be lackadaisical when it comes to building the character of the hero.
- In its earlier orders, the court has observed that a lackadaisical approach on part of law-enforcing agencies.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of lackadaisical
- lackadaisical = lacking + spirit