- (verb) bring under domination or control, especially by conquest;“the invaders had soon subjugated most of the population”
- (verb) make someone or something subordinate to;“the new ruler firmly subjugated the Church to the state”
Subjugate (सब्जगेट / सब्जगैट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अधीन करना, जीतना, ग़ुलाम बनाना, दास बनाना
- late Middle English: from late Latin subjugat- ‘brought under a yoke’, from the verb subjugare, based on jugum ‘yoke’.
Subjugate in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Cricket was becoming a business, and historically, businesses that subjugate their workers more often than not end up with industrial action.
- Modi wants to subjugate the judiciary and the media: AAP on JNU row.
- His was a talent none could subjugate or restrict,” says Salim Kumar.
- But u know, the Islam tells to kill or subjugate, or convert non-muslims, it’s written in their book.
- It has fought the wars evenly, we were never able to subjugate them convincingly.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of subjugate
- subjugate = “Sub” + “jhug” gaye mere saamne..
Persecute Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) subject (someone) to hostility and ill-treatment, especially because of their race or political or religious beliefs; “no one should be persecuted for their religious beliefs”
- (verb) harass or annoy (someone) persistently; “she complained of being persecuted by the press”
Persecute (पर्सक्यूट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- सताना, कष्ट देना, अत्याचार करना, तंग करना, पीछे पड़ना, कष्ट पहुंचाना, ज़ुल्म करना
- late Middle English: from Old French persecuter, from Latin persecut- ‘followed with hostility’, from the verb persequi, from per- ‘through, utterly’ + sequi ‘follow, pursue’.
Persecute in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Radical Muslims persecute Coptic Christians in Egypt.
- These kind of incidents happen throughout the country where policemen persecute poor for petty bribes.
- Mr Mann’s party has said that he is not guilty of the charges levelled and that other parties are colluding to persecute him.
- The Modi government seems to be gripped by a classic persecution complex while it seeks to persecute others.
- Beef Agenda: Another Tool To Persecute Muslims And Christians.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of persecute
- pursue = follow, if you pursue cute girl for long time, you are persecuting her.