- (noun) a long, thick pillow that is placed under other pillows for support.
- (noun) a part on a vehicle or tool providing structural support or reducing friction.
- (verb) support or strengthen. “the fall in interest rates is starting to bolster confidence”
- (verb) provide (a seat) with padded support. “they bolstered the seats for a more comfortable ride”
Bolster meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- अवलम्ब, आधार, गद्दी , गावतकिया, तकिया, मसनद, सहारा, सिलेंडर, गोल लम्बा तकिया, गोल तकिया, थामना, सँभालना, रक्षा करना, सहारा देना, तकिया लगाना, सिलेंडर का काम करना, संस्तंभक, बोल्स्टर
- Old English, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch bolster and German Polster .
Bolster in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- India needs to bolster investment in human capital, In India, the government’s expenditure on social sector (primarily health and education) is at 7.5 per cent of GDP. This is quite low compared to …
- Lok Sabha Elections 2019: Congress, BJP big guns to bolster last leg … Shah’s rallies come two days after Prime Minister Narendra Modi and All India Congress Committee (AICC) president Rahul Gandhi held …
- Joint Navy exercises bolster India’s role as regional security provider, NEW DELHI: India is continuing to strengthen its military diplomacy as it seeks to entrench its role as a regional net security provider.
- India Should Bolster Taiwan Ties to Frustrate China’s Aggressive … In 2014-15, both India and Taiwan elected new leaders, projected as harbingers of change, to overhaul their respective economies and …
- Water Management by Terra Drone India in Maharashtra, For this, Terra Drone India deployed field surveying teams which collected supplemental information to bolster the data acquired by the drones.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Bolster
- Bolster actually means , Raise physical or mental Strength
- read bolster as booster which mean giving extra energy and hence to support and strengthen someone or something.