- (noun) a movement or series of moves requiring skill and care. “snowboarders performed daring manoeuvres on precipitous slopes”.
- (noun) a carefully planned or cunning scheme or action. “shady financial manoeuvres”
- (noun) the fact or process of taking carefully planned or cunning action. “the economic policy provided no room for manoeuvre”
- (noun) a large-scale military exercise of troops, warships, and other forces. “the Russian vessel was on manoeuvres”
- (verb) move skilfully or carefully. “the lorry was unable to manoeuvre comfortably in the narrow street”
- (verb) carefully guide or manipulate (someone or something) in order to achieve an end. “they were manoeuvring him into betraying his friend”
- (verb) manipulate a situation to achieve an end. “Rann was manoeuvring to elope with the girl”
Manoeuvre meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- चाल, युक्तिचाल चलना, कौशल, युक्ति, दाँव, पैंतरेबाजी, दाँवपेंच
- mid 18th century (as a noun in the sense ‘tactical movement’): from French manœuvre (noun), manœuvrer (verb), from medieval Latin manuoperare from Latin manus ‘hand’ + operari ‘to work’.
Manoeuvre in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- India’s Latest Manoeuvre: Not Just Nationalism, Background. The Indian Parliament decided to revoke Articles 370(1) and 35(A) of the country’s Constitution, which provided special …
- Chandrayaan-2 days away from Moon’s orbit. What next, Indian Space Research Organisation’s (Isro) second Moon mission … “The final orbit raising manoeuvre of Chandrayaan-2 spacecraft was …
- Ravi Shastri is the clear front-runner for head coach, Three of the six — former India fielding coach Robin Singh, former India … combined with the ability to manoeuvre around analytics makes the …
- Current Affairs in Short: 29 July 2019, Chandrayaan-2 completes third orbit-raising manoeuvre … carried out third orbit raising manoeuvre for India’s second lunar mission.
- OPINION | If Not For Brave Indian Soldiers, Ladakh Would Have Been …, The manoeuvre used by the government to separate Ladakh from the … The accession of Jammu & Kashmir to India and swift entry of the …
Ships of India, US, Japan manoeuvre in rough sea for Malabar