- (adj) denoting a period of time in the past that was idyllically happy and peaceful; “the halcyon days of the 1960s”
- (noun) a mythical bird said to breed at the time of the winter solstice in a nest floating on the sea and to have the power of calming the winds and waves.
- (Greek mythology) a woman who was turned into a kingfisher.
Halcyon (हैल्सीअन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- शांत, खुशगवार, शान्तिपूर्ण
- late Middle English (in the mythological sense): via Latin from Greek alkuōn ‘kingfisher’ (also halkuōn, by association with hals ‘sea’ and kuōn ‘conceiving’).
Halcyon in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Australian fans no longer take those halcyon days for granted after a barren period without a legspinner.
- Those halcyon years.
- Perhaps those halcyon days of the “mixed economy” were not meant to last long.
- I’m not expecting a return to those halcyon days.
- Those Halcyon Days in Winter.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of halcyon
- halcyon bole toh halke din … halka halka sa yeh nasha… 🙂
Idyllic Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) like an idyll; extremely happy, peaceful, or picturesque.
idyllic (आइडिलिक) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- सुखद जीवन का, काव्यात्मक, ग्रामीण, ग्राम्य, मनोहर, रमणीय, शांतिपूर्ण
idyllic in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Omelas is an idyllic city of incredible happiness, where the citizenry is cultured, sophisticated and blissful.
- The idyllic setting is complemented by the artistic quotient of its architectural features.
- She has always strived to put her best foot forward and come a long way from being a dreamy eyed girl from the idyllic city of Visakhapatnam.
- A hundred percent literacy or lesser mortality rates do not necessarily make everything idyllic.
- Yet there is nothing idyllic about Cape Town Grand Parade described by Richard Stengel one vivid day in 1991.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of idyllic
- id dikhao agar idyllic city me jaana hai toh
Idyllic Irakli beach on the Black Sea coast of Bulgaria.
laid-back Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(adj) relaxed and easy-going
Laid-back meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- Presumably originally a metaphor — literally, “sitting in a tilted-back chair”, a relaxed posture of low defensive readiness.
Laid-back in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- There’s just something about the chilled out, laid back attitude of Goa town that makes you want to let your hair down.
- I’m laid back and down to earth person.
- It offers a laid-back pace and blends medieval architecture, scores of cafes, restaurants, boutiques and the zesty weekly market.
- To get that laid-back, uber cool look, distressed ripped jeans are another famed option that college-goers are opting for.
- We love Alia Bhatt’s laid-back approach to style.
How to Become More Laid Back | Better You