- (noun) the state of being important, famous, or noticeable; “she came to prominence as an artist in the 1960s”
- (noun) the fact or state of projecting from something; “radiographs showed enlargement of the right heart with prominence of the pulmonary outflow tract”
- (noun) a thing that projects from something, such as a projecting feature of the landscape or a protuberance on a part of the body; “the steep rocky prominence resembled a snow-capped mountain”
- (astronomy) a stream of incandescent gas projecting above the sun’s chromosphere.
Prominence (प्रोमिनेंस / प्रोमीनेंस / प्रॉमिनेंस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- प्रकटता, प्रख्याति, प्रमुखता, प्रसिद्धि, प्राधान्य, विशिष्टता, शोहरत, ख़्याति, मुख्यता, विशिष्ठता, ख़्याति, आगे निकला हुआ भाग, बहिर्गत भाग, उभार, ऊंचाई, उत्सेध, सौर ज्वाला
- late 16th century (denoting something that juts out): from obsolete French, from Latin prominentia‘jutting out’, from the verb prominere
Prominence in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- As cannabis is rising to prominence, investors are turning their eyes to industry opportunities that have the best long-term potential.
- New food guide set to challenge prominence of meat, dairy industries.
- Former defence minister George Fernandes first shot into national prominence when he defeated Congress stalwart S K Patil.
- Football Returns to National Prominence.
- Blockchain came to prominence in 2009 as the underlying technology of Bitcoin and subsequently the wider cryptocurrency landscape.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of prominence
- prominence — pro ban gaye miya
- (noun) the most successful point; the culmination; “he had reached the pinnacle of his career”
- (noun) a high, pointed piece of rock; “soaring pinnacles of rock”
- (verb) raise on or as if on a pinnacle
Pinnacle (पिनकल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- शिखर, चरम सीमा, कलश, पर्वतशिखा, चरम सीमा पर चढ़ना
- Middle English: from Old French, from late Latin pinnaculum, diminutive of pinna ‘wing, point’.
Pinnacle in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Assembly election results catapult BJP to the pinnacle of Indian politics.
- Madhya Pradesh State Tourism Development Corporation taken tourism development in the state to the pinnacle.
- Though there is nothing new in this, as this has been practised since long, but now it has reached to its pinnacle.
- The Les Blues will be look to make the most of home advantage and surge to pinnacle of European football for the first time since 2000.
- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge was the pinnacle. But it could also be seen in Karan Johar’s Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of pinnacle
- pine ke tree pei chhad jao and try to reach Pinnacle
- (adj) perfectly clean, neat, or tidy; “an immaculate white suit”
- (adj) free from flaws or mistakes; perfect; “an immaculate safety record”
- (in the Roman Catholic Church) free from sin.
immaculate (इमैक्यलिट / इमैक्यूलिट्स) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- निष्कलंक, बेदाग, शुद्ध, स्वच्छ, शुभ्र, त्रुटिहीन, निर्मल
- late Middle English (in the sense ‘free from moral stain’): from Latin immaculatus, from in- ‘not’ + maculatus ‘stained’ (from macula ‘spot’).
immaculate in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- He maintains an immaculate length and has the skill to move the ball either way which should stand him in good stead even on Test surfaces.
- Sandeep Sharma and Mohit Sharma have bowled immaculate yorkers.
- Besides, both the actors connect well with the youth and have immaculate dance skills too.
- Virat Kohli is known for his immaculate attitude towards cricket and the success that he has earned over the years with his dedication.
- Immaculate tailoring and attention to detail derived from a menswear background remains the brand’s forte.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of immaculate
- immaculate = I + Mac -> Apple products always immaculate