- (adj) very unwilling to spend money or use resources; “even the parsimonious Joe paid for drinks all round”
Parsimonious (पार्समोनीअस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अल्पव्ययी, कंजूस, किफायती, कृपण, तुच्छ, थोड़ा, दरिद्र, मितव्ययी, किफ़ायती
- 1590-1600; parsimon(y) + -ious
Parsimonious in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Mustifizur Rehman the most parsimonious of bowlers and Bhuvneshwar Kumar one of the leading wicket takers.
- A parsimonious banker, now that is rare!
- However, the government has been extremely parsimonious with granting compulsory licences.
- He would live a simple life cutting corners to lead a parsimonious routine.
- Perhaps a parsimonious candidate might be better suited for government service today.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of parsimonious
- parsimonious… purse se money nahi nikalega
Guess the parsimonious guy here 🙂