- (adj) denoting a period of time in the past that was idyllically happy and peaceful; “the halcyon days of the 1960s”
- (noun) a mythical bird said to breed at the time of the winter solstice in a nest floating on the sea and to have the power of calming the winds and waves.
- (Greek mythology) a woman who was turned into a kingfisher.
Halcyon (हैल्सीअन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- शांत, खुशगवार, शान्तिपूर्ण
- late Middle English (in the mythological sense): via Latin from Greek alkuōn ‘kingfisher’ (also halkuōn, by association with hals ‘sea’ and kuōn ‘conceiving’).
Halcyon in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Australian fans no longer take those halcyon days for granted after a barren period without a legspinner.
- Those halcyon years.
- Perhaps those halcyon days of the “mixed economy” were not meant to last long.
- I’m not expecting a return to those halcyon days.
- Those Halcyon Days in Winter.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of halcyon
- halcyon bole toh halke din … halka halka sa yeh nasha… 🙂
Affable [af-uh-buh l]
- (adj) friendly, good-natured, or easy to talk to
Affable (ऐफबल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- मिलनसार, सुशील, मित्रतापूर्ण
- late Middle English: via Old French from Latin affabilis, from the verb affari, from ad- ‘to’ + fari ‘speak’.
Affable in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of affable
- affection+able=affection to others
How to use AFFABLE in a sentence
Accessible [ak-ses–uh-buh l]
- (adj) (of a place) able to be reached or entered; “the town is accessible by bus”
- (adj) (of a person, especially one in a position of authority) friendly and easy to talk to; approachable; “he is more accessible than most tycoons”
Accessible (ऐक्सेसबल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अभिगम्य,उपगम्य,उपलब्ध,गमनीय,गम्य,प्रवेश्य,प्राप्य,मिलनहार,सुगम,सुगम्य,सुलभ,पहुंचने योग्य
- late Middle English: from late Latin accessibilis, from Latin access- ‘approached’, from the verb accedere
Accessible in a sentence (usage in Newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Accessible
- ACCESS(something which you are able to use or enter) + ible(ABLE).
Congenial [kuh n-jeen-yuh l]
- (adj) agreeable, suitable, or pleasing in nature or character
- (adj) (of a thing) pleasant or agreeable because suited to one’s taste or inclination
Congenial (कन्जीन्यल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- एक जाति का,एक मेल का,अनुकूल,अनुरूप,सुखद,सौहार्दपूर्ण,स्वजातीय
Congenial in a sentence
- South India not being a congenial unit, it is difficult to mark an area as south geographically or politically.
- Rani saw that a congenial atmosphere is a must for the cinematographer to shoot.
- The weather condition in wheat growing north western states is congenial for a good rabi crops, especially wheat, oil seeds, and pulses.
- she tried to create a congenial atmosphere for a smooth dialogue to resolve critical bilateral issues
- It is because your former foreign secretary made extremely negative statements about Pakistan. It did not help create a congenial atmosphere.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Congenial
- its con +genial…. so remember genelia she’s always ‘pleasant’
Brutal hailstorm at a cricket ground 1992
Gregarious [gri-gair-ee-uh s]
- (adj) fond of the company of others; sociable
- (adj) living in flocks or herds, as animals
- (adj) (of plants) growing in groups that are close together
Gregarious (ग्रगेरीअस / ग्रिगेरीअस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- मिलनसार,संघचारी,गल्ला या झुंड से संबंधित
Gregarious in a sentence
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Gregarious
- for gre we attend classes in groups
Meet Meerkats (Most gregarious animal)