(noun) danger of loss, harm, or failure
Jeopardy (जेपर्डी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
ख़तरा, जोखिम, संकट
- Middle English iuparti, from Old French ieu parti ‘(evenly) divided game’. The term was originally used in chess and other games to denote a problem, or a position in which the chances of winning or losing were evenly balanced, hence ‘a dangerous situation’.
Jeopardy in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- MGM College’s DMLT students’ careers in jeopardy.
- Worsening inflation, IIP put fiscal targets in jeopardy.
- Court case puts Patancheru MLA’ s future in jeopardy.
- The government’s decision to impose President’s rule in Arunachal Pradesh could put the budget session of the Parliament in jeopardy.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar: His place in the limited-overs squad looks to be in jeopardy after an average series.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of jeopardy
- jeopardy = jeopard = leopard = danger