- (noun) brisk and cheerful readiness; liveliness and eagerness
Alacrity (अलैक्रटी / अलैक्रिटी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- तत्परता, फुरती, आतुरता, उत्साह
- late Middle English: from Latin alacritas, from alacer ‘brisk’
Alacrity in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- BCCI needs to act with alacrity.
- What prompted the police into action, that, too, with such alacrity, which is normally absent in their day-to-day battle against crime?
- The injured victims need to be attended with great alacrity and skill.
- Look at the extreme interest taken by the Centre in this case when no such alacrity was shown in handing over probe to the CBI.
- Nitish had responded with alacrity to Modi’s punch, tweeting that in berating his DNA, the Prime Minister had berated the DNA of all Biharis.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of alacrity
- alacrity = Alag aakrity (a picture), alag picture banane ke liye you need some eagerness(alacrity)
Aamir Khan & Salman Khan in Bus – Look at their alacrity