- (verb) (of the heart) beat rapidly, strongly, or irregularly. “drink wakened him in the night with a palpitating heart”
- (verb) shake; tremble. “she was palpitating with terror”
Palpitate meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- धडकना, फड़कना, कांपना, तड़पना, धड़कना, फड़कना, स्पंदित होना
- early 17th century: from Latin palpitat- ‘patted’, from the verb palpitare, frequentative of palpare ‘touch gently’.
Palpitate in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Do you suffer from palpitations? Beware, it could lead to …, “Unfortunately, in India, we do not have a national registry for cardiac … In the given context, arrhythmias or palpitations stand its own ground as …
- My son is one of Kashmir’s ‘disappeared’. When will India tell …, When will India tell the truth about their fate? …. the enforced silence in Kashmir today makes my heart palpitate in the same way as the terror of …
- If this part of your body palpitate, then be careful, According to astrology, palpitate of body parts gives both auspicious and inauspicious signs. In such a situation, it is said that the human body …
- Can Caffeine Cause Irregular Heart Rhythms?, “I usually advise my patients with palpitations that are worsened with caffeine to cut down if they can and reassure others with arrhythmias that …
- Justice League movie review: DC’s answer to the Avengers is …, … in comparison to the original DC animated series, but it can also make a houseful crowd of excited fans positively palpitate with pure joy.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Palpitate
- palpitate-split it as pal+pit…my pal(frnd) fell on a pit, as a result of which my heart started to BEAT RAPIDLY
- palpitate = pulse + agitate.. generally heart beat faster in fear