- (adj) clever or skillful; “he was adroit at tax avoidance”
Adroit (अड्रॉइट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- चतुर, चालाक, चेष्टावत, दक्ष, धूर्त, निपुण, सुजान
- mid 17th century: from French, from à droit ‘according to right, properly’
Adroit in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Interviews do not end up with feedbacks, instead adroit trainers, counselors and faculty members help you get over all shortcomings.
- For our camera too, Shweta Rathore cracks an effortless smile and assumes adroit poses that highlight the gentle undulation of her biceps.
- The hair may have greyed, the freckles more prominent, the hitting power dwindled, but Dhoni remains the adroit master at winning cricket matches.
- Perhaps these are “rural” folk, not expected to be adroit with their choice of words.
- Chief executive officer of Karachi-based Dawn Group of Publications who is currently visiting Mumbai, said “Modi has made an adroit move”.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of adroit
- adroit = android – aapka android phone bhaut smart (Chaalak) hai