- (noun) the state of being important, famous, or noticeable; “she came to prominence as an artist in the 1960s”
- (noun) the fact or state of projecting from something; “radiographs showed enlargement of the right heart with prominence of the pulmonary outflow tract”
- (noun) a thing that projects from something, such as a projecting feature of the landscape or a protuberance on a part of the body; “the steep rocky prominence resembled a snow-capped mountain”
- (astronomy) a stream of incandescent gas projecting above the sun’s chromosphere.
Prominence (प्रोमिनेंस / प्रोमीनेंस / प्रॉमिनेंस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- प्रकटता, प्रख्याति, प्रमुखता, प्रसिद्धि, प्राधान्य, विशिष्टता, शोहरत, ख़्याति, मुख्यता, विशिष्ठता, ख़्याति, आगे निकला हुआ भाग, बहिर्गत भाग, उभार, ऊंचाई, उत्सेध, सौर ज्वाला
- late 16th century (denoting something that juts out): from obsolete French, from Latin prominentia‘jutting out’, from the verb prominere
Prominence in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- As cannabis is rising to prominence, investors are turning their eyes to industry opportunities that have the best long-term potential.
- New food guide set to challenge prominence of meat, dairy industries.
- Former defence minister George Fernandes first shot into national prominence when he defeated Congress stalwart S K Patil.
- Football Returns to National Prominence.
- Blockchain came to prominence in 2009 as the underlying technology of Bitcoin and subsequently the wider cryptocurrency landscape.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of prominence
- prominence — pro ban gaye miya
Putrid Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) (of organic matter) decaying or rotting and emitting a fetid smell; “a butcher who sold putrid meat”
- (adj) of or characteristic of rotting matter; “the putrid smells from the slaughterhouses”
- (adj) thoroughly corrupt, depraved, or evil.
Putrid (प्यूट्रिड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- सड़ा हुआ, दुर्गन्धित ,उग्र गंध का
- late Middle English: from Latin putridus, from putrere ‘to rot’, from puter, putr- ‘rotten’.
Putrid in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Putrid Yamuna’s bugs eating up Taj Mahal.
- Of putrid politics, crocodile tears, trafficking of Zimbabwean women.
- Today, the river is a putrid drain with millions of tonnes of garbage, industrial waste and debris, sewage and plastic dumped into it.
- The case began when a cable television worker reported a putrid smell coming from a garage shared by Madison at the apartment building.
- Accusing Andhra politicians of playing putrid politics, KCR said they are trying to create animosity between the people of AP and Telangana.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of putrid
- putrid = puke + rid (rotten cheez se rid)
Fetid Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
Fetid [fet-id, fee-tid]
- (adj) smelling extremely unpleasant
Fetid (फेटड / फेटिड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- बदबूदार, दुर्गंधयुक्त, दुर्गन्धयुक्त
- late Middle English: from Latin fetidus (often erroneously spelled foetidus ), from fetere ‘to stink’. Compare with fetor.
Fetid in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of fetid
- Feet-ID = es bande ke Feet smell kar rahe hai.. pls note his ID
How Fetid Your Fart Is?