- (verb) go without (something desirable). “she wanted to forgo the tea and leave while they could”
- (verb) refrain from. “we forgo any comparison between the two men”
Forgo meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- त्याग देना, त्यागना
- Old English forgān (see for-, go1).
Forgo in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- PM Imran Khan gives army chief Gen Bajwa 3-year extension, .. civilian government to forgo its right to choose a chief of army staff. … message was being conveyed to India that there was “continuation and …
- Piyush Goyal not attending RCEP Beijing meet, The absence of Goyal means India is budging. The 19 other countries are pushing India to forgo concerns on tariff elimination. The pact would …
- ‘No first use’ nuke policy isn’t dead, but losing sanctity, He not only went to Pokhran, the site of each of India’s nuclear tests, … from nuclear first use, that the country commits to forgo that option.
- Properties not selling, GDA considers slashing rates, “For the sake of attracting buyers, we’ll either forgo supervisory and administrative charges completely or will slash it because, on both heads, …
- India roiled as Trump yanks its status as a developing nation, Indian exporters may have forgo benefits worth $260 million after the U.S. elimination, according to the Federation of Indian Export …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Forgo
- When you tell someone to forgot something you tell him to give up.
- In order to GIVE UP and DO WITHOUT it, you FORGO(T) it.
Varanasi boy may have to forgo joining IIT because of physical disability