- (verb) recall and show respect for (someone or something). “a wreath-laying ceremony to commemorate the war dead”
- (verb) mark or celebrate (an event or person) by doing or producing something. “the victory was commemorated in songs”
Commemorate meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- किसी उत्सव द्वारा स्मरण करना, श्रद्धांजलि देना, उत्सव मनाना, अभिनंदन करना, पुण्यस्मरण करना, मनाना, स्मरण करना
- late 16th century: from Latin commemorat- ‘brought to remembrance’, from the verb commemorare, from com- ‘altogether’ + memorare ‘relate’ (from memor ‘mindful’).
Commemorate in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Fabelle unveils 600 handcrafted chocolate bars to commemorate …, Hyderabad, Aug 13 (UNI) To commemorate India’s 73rd Independence Day, India’s home-grown luxury chocolate brand Fabelle unveiled 600 …
- Students to celebrate Naga I-Day on August 14, hoist own ‘national flag’, We said we are going to do this to commemorate Naga identity and that there is nothing against India,” Awomi said. The Naga National Council …
- In Pics | Muslims across India celebrate Eid al-Adha, Muslims across India, and the world, celebrated Eid al-Adha, or the Feast of the Sacrifice, by sacrificing animals to commemorate the prophet …
- Westin Rajarhat commemorating Independence Day with flavours of …, Nine days of celebrations are underway at Seasonal Tastes, at The Westin Kolkata Rajarhat, to commemorate India’s 73rd Independence Day.
- Godrej Group celebrates Independence day with …, Godrej Group released a digital film #SoundsOfMakingIndia to commemorate India’s 73rd Independence Day. Released as a sequel to last ..
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Commemorate
- come + memory(ative) remembering something and honouring it. if we forget some1 bday we ll close eyes and says please come to memory.
- Focus on Memor which does mean memory and com means together so commemorate means when people recall their past great events together it can be expressed as commemorate.
Indian students rap to commemorate Mughal history