Embargo Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(noun) an official ban on trade or other commercial activity with a particular country
(noun) an official ban on any activity
(verb) impose an official ban on (trade or a country or commodity)
Embargo (एम्बार्गो) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
अधिरोध, प्रतिबंध, व्यापार घाट बंदी, व्यापार प्रतिरोघ, व्यापार रोक, अधिरोधन, प्रतिषेध
- early 17th century: from Spanish, from embargar ‘arrest’, based on Latin in- ‘in, within’ + barra ‘a bar’
Embargo in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Have not imposed any embargo on supplies to Nepal: India
- President Barack Obama wants to see an end to the US trade embargo against the communist-ruled island.
- US Secretary of State John Kerry on Monday called on his country’s lawmakers to lift the five-decade-old trade embargo against Cuba.
- Russia’s food embargo involves a one-year ban on meat, fish, dairy, fruit and vegetable imports from certain countries.
- he Excise department has put an embargo on the sale of liquor for four days between October 21 and October 24 due to Durga Puja.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of embargo
- embargo = bar + go = ban on bars
The History Of America’s Cuba Embargo
Restraint Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi Translation with picture
- (noun) a measure or condition that keeps someone or something under control.“decisions are made within the financial restraints of the budget”
- (noun) the action of keeping someone or something under control.“a policy of restraint in public spending”
- (noun) deprivation or restriction of personal liberty or freedom of movement.“he remained aggressive and required physical restraint”
- (noun) a device which limits or prevents freedom of movement.“car safety restraints”
- (noun) unemotional, dispassionate, or moderate behaviour; self-control.”he urged the protestors to exercise restraint”
- (noun) understatement, especially of artistic expression.“the dining room has been decorated with commendable restraint”
Restraint (रिस्ट्रेन्ट / रिस्ट्रैन्ट / रीस्ट्रैन्ट) meaning Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
Restraint sentences from newspaper
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of restraint
- if some one controls u when u r in strain
Self control: Dan Ariely at TEDxDuke