- (noun) review of a past course of events or period of time; “a full retrospect of the battle”
Retrospect (ट्रस्पेक्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- early 17th century: from retro- ‘back’, on the pattern of the noun prospect.
Retrospect in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- If the dream was to become reality, this was the time to do something about it,” he writes in retrospect.
- In retrospect, Kriti Sanon believes that she does not belong to Bollywood.
- As I was saying, it is too late to think in retrospect when, and if, no serious thought was given when the regime was in the Bill stage.
- In retrospect, it would have been ideal if Ravi Shastri had continued as coach and not been replaced a year ago by Kumble.
- Hitesh considers this good thing, in retrospect, as it offered him a chance to explain something to new to others.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Retrospect
ABRIDGEMENT Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) a shortened version of a written work; “an abridgement of a book”
- (law) curtailment of rights; “the abridgement of the rights of ownership”
Abridgement (अब्रिज्मन्ट / अब्रीज्मन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- संक्षेपण, संक्षिप्तीकरण, सार, संक्षेप
- late Middle English: from Old French abregement, from the verb abreg(i)er (see abridge)
Abridgement in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- “We, and our Nationhood, Defined” a text which he later revealed was an abridgement of an essay on nationalism by Babarao Savarkar.”
- Here on Earth, it’s easy to guess that “droid” is an abridgement of “android,” an anthropomorphic robot.
- In an ironic coincidence, the First Amendment to the US’s constitution prohibits any abridgement of free speech.
- There is no case of abridgement of free speech because it offends religious sentiment or political ideology.
- The 4S in the nomenclature, in Hyundai’s words is an abridgement of Style, Safety, Sophistication and Speed.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of abridgement
- Abridgement mein chuppa hai “bridge” (shortens distance)
The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged)