- (noun) a collection of concise but detailed information about a particular subject, especially in a book or other publication. “an invaluable compendium of useful information about language”
- (noun) a collection or set of similar items.
“a compendium of tools”
- (noun) a package of stationery for writing letters.
Compendium meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- तत्व, संक्षेप , सार-संग्रह , सारांश , ख़ुलासा, सूचनाओं के बारे में विस्तृत विवरण, ख़ुलासा
- late 16th century: from Latin, ‘profit, saving’ (literally ‘what is weighed together’), from compendere, from com- ‘together’ + pendere ‘weigh’.
Compendium in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Amway launches a compendium featuring the entrepreneurial …
- New compendium profiles innovative techniques from around the world
- CBSE compendium of courses has no mention of careers in armed …
- NCDMB launches Compendium of Nigerian oil & gas opportunities at …
- CBSE releases a list of compendium courses for students to pursue …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Compendium
- An audience always wants that whoever COMES to speak on the PODIUM should speak briefly.
- Compendium=Compact Ending…!
ABRIDGEMENT Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) a shortened version of a written work; “an abridgement of a book”
- (law) curtailment of rights; “the abridgement of the rights of ownership”
Abridgement (अब्रिज्मन्ट / अब्रीज्मन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- संक्षेपण, संक्षिप्तीकरण, सार, संक्षेप
- late Middle English: from Old French abregement, from the verb abreg(i)er (see abridge)
Abridgement in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- “We, and our Nationhood, Defined” a text which he later revealed was an abridgement of an essay on nationalism by Babarao Savarkar.”
- Here on Earth, it’s easy to guess that “droid” is an abridgement of “android,” an anthropomorphic robot.
- In an ironic coincidence, the First Amendment to the US’s constitution prohibits any abridgement of free speech.
- There is no case of abridgement of free speech because it offends religious sentiment or political ideology.
- The 4S in the nomenclature, in Hyundai’s words is an abridgement of Style, Safety, Sophistication and Speed.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of abridgement
- Abridgement mein chuppa hai “bridge” (shortens distance)
The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged)