- (verb) destroy or injure severely; “many of the bodies had been mutilated”
- (verb) alter so as to make unrecognizable; “the 14th-century carved screen had been mutilated”
Mutilate meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- बुरी तरह नष्ट कर देना, काटना, छांटना, अंग भंग करना
- early 16th century: from Latin mutilat- ‘maimed, mutilated, lopped off’, from the verb mutilare, from mutilus ‘maimed’.
Mutilate in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Chimps Kill, Mutilate and Cannibalize Member of Own Group.
- Woman who threatened to mutilate and kill horses jailed.
- Poachers poison, mutilate lions in South Africa.
- UNICEF decries high rate of female genital mutilation in the country.
- Pakistani troops kill 3 Indian soldiers, mutilate one at LoC.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of mutilate
- mutilate = “ate”, if I ate your arm, I mutilate you
Penury Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) the state of being very poor; extreme poverty; “he couldn’t face another year of penury”
Penury meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late Middle English: from Latin penuria ‘need, scarcity’; perhaps related to paene ‘almost’.
Penury in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Despite many programmes, penury could not be removed.
- The veteran music composer who was living in penury wrote to Ms. Jayalalithaa seeking financial assistance.
- After Independence, Aich was released from jail and despite penury he continued to indulge in his passion for bodybuilding.
- Ali, who spent his childhood in utter penury and had to suffer a lot, being a non-white, became the biggest name in all of sports.
- The penury is often due to his drinking away the cash his brother sends.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of penury
- penury = jab ‘pen’ khareedne ke liye ‘ruppee’ khatam ho jaaye, samjh lena penury aa gayi hai