- (noun) a hostile or argumentative situation or meeting between opposing parties. “a confrontation with the legislature”
- (noun) a situation where two players or sides compete to win a sporting contest. “the race promised a classic confrontation between the two top runners in the world”
Confrontation meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- मिलान, मुकाबला, विरोध, सामना, मुक़ाबला, आमना-सामना
Confrontation in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- ‘Regional dynamics should be shifted from confrontation to …, ‘Regional dynamics should be shifted from confrontation to … India and Afghanistan accuse Pakistan of providing safe haven to the Afghan …
- SFI members detained after confrontation with police, Members of the Students’ Federation of India (SFI) were detained following a confrontation with the police during a protest in front of the office …
- Doctors’ strike: Mamata’s shock treatment sparks outrage, hope at …, The unparalleled threat and the high-voltage confrontation were marked … and the Indian Medical Association announced an “all-India protest …
- World Cup 2019: Photos from India’s memorable triumphs over … , Sachin Tendulkar batting for India during their 1992 World Cup match against Pakistan … This was after the infamous confrontation between Prasad and Sohail.
- Raja Mandala: India and the Sino-Russian alliance, Raja Mandala: India and the Sino-Russian alliance …. an escalating confrontation with the US in the South China Sea and the Western Pacific.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Confrontation
- Confrontation means fight or argument:- Come + Front… If you Come To Front, we will fight.