- (verb) prod (someone) gently with one’s elbow in order to attract attention. “people were nudging each other and pointing at me”
- (verb) touch or push (something) gently or gradually. “the canoe nudged a bank of reeds”
- (verb) coax or gently encourage (someone) to do something. “we have to nudge the politicians in the right direction”
- (verb) approach (an age, figure, or level) very closely.“both men were nudging fifty”
- (noun) a light touch or push. “he gave her shoulder a nudge”
Nudge meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- टहोका मारना, तक जाना, कुहनी से हलका धक्का, टहोका , कुहने से छूना, कुहनी से छूना, टहोका मारना, तक जाना, कुहनियों से धकियाते हुए आगे बढ़ना, टेहोकना, ले जाना, कुहनी से इशारा करना
- late 17th century (as a verb): of unknown origin; compare with Norwegian dialect nugga, nyggja ‘to push, rub’.
Nudge in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- The Reserve Bank of India will nudge bank CEOs to pass on the benefit of lower policy rates like it did after the previous policy, because the …
- Max Bupa, one of India’s leading standalone health insurance player, … long integrated campaign #ExYourExcuse, in order to nudge people, …
- To add to the problems of aviation, one India’s most regulated … why are Indian carriers struggling so hard to nudge up their profitability ratios?
- Nudge the bars and the speed with which the bike drops into a corner … At ₹10.49 lakh (ex-showroom, India), the ZX-6R is quite nicely priced.
- India hasn’t been immune to this nexus either, and the country’s … Visa Steel, filed in December 2017 following the banking regulator’s nudge.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Nudge
- I nudged him with my nose when my hands were tied.
- (verb) hurl missiles repeatedly at; “two boys pelted him with rotten apples”
- (verb) hurl (something) at someone or something; “she spotted four boys pelting stones at ducks”
- (of rain, hail, or snow) fall quickly and very heavily; “the rain was pelting down”
- (informal) run somewhere very quickly; “I pelted across the road”
- (Phrases) full pelt — as fast as possible; “I ran downstairs at full pelt”
- (noun) the skin of an animal with the fur, wool, or hair still on it; “traders brought reindeer pelts”
- (Phrases) in one’s pelt — naked.“they came across Henn, standing in his pelt by the river”
Pelt (पेलत / पलट / पेल्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- झपटना, झोंकना, डालना, पीटना, फेंकना, मारना, फेंक कर मारना, ताबड़तोड़ भागना, मूसलाधार होना, तेज़ी से आगे बढ़ना, खाल, चमड़ा, चोट, मार, कच्चा चमड़ा, ताबड़तोड़ भागना, मूसलाधार होना, कूड़ा-कर्कट, फेंकने का कार्य
- Middle English: either from obsolete pellet ‘skin’, from an Old French diminutive of pel ‘skin’, from Latin pellis ‘skin’, or a back-formation from peltry.
Pelt in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Miscreants pelt stones on new Train 18 during trial run.
- Hailstorm, rain pelt down on rabi crops.
- New Zealand canoe hire shop housed Tassie tiger pelt worth $250000.
- Storms pelt Shaver Lake with snow and rain mix.
- An animal’s pelt can be affected by a number of environmental factors.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of pelt
- (verb) (especially of a small animal or child) run with quick light steps, especially through fear or excitement;“he scampered in like an overgrown puppy”
- (noun) an act of scampering;“he heard the squeak and scamper of rats”
Scamper (स्कैम्पर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- तेज़ी से दौड़ जाना, भाग जाना, रफूचक्कर हो जाना
- late 17th century (in the sense ‘run away’): probably from scamp.
Scamper in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Kohli reached the mark while trying to steal a single and he had to scamper to the non-striker’s end but in the end he was comfortably in.
- With none of the scamper, hurry ,bustle, dash and dart I was able to walk right up to my office desk unruffled and composed.
- The batsmen scamper through for a single.
- At this tender age when other children scamper around in their free time, this class 3 student takes on the role of a librarian.
- A bunch of rats scamper down the Metro steps (‘racing’ to outdo the other) – except those two at the top of the stairs.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of scamper
- scamper = scam + per … scam karke scamper