Pensive Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) engaged in, involving, or reflecting deep or serious thought; “a pensive mood”
Pensive (पेन्सिव) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- चिंताग्रस्त, ध्यानपरायण, उदासीन, धयान मगन
- late Middle English: from Old French pensif, -ive, from penser ‘think’, from Latin pensare ‘ponder’, frequentative of pendere ‘weigh’.
Pensive in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- BJP-backed independent candidate Preeti Mahapatra in a pensive mood after she lost the Rajya Sabha election in Lucknow on Saturday.
- It usually starts with the girl worried, pensive and full of self-doubt. It’s just not working out for her. Till she meets the seven day cream. Applies it.
- MS Dhoni Biopic Poster Features a Pensive Sushant Singh Rajput.
- He sounded tired, pensive, almost despondent.
- In another image, 26-year-old Anna looked pensive while filming alongside Teen wolf star Jackson Heywood.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of pensive
- imagine a image with “pen” in your mouth – you will look pensive
Melancholic Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi Translation
Melancholic [mel-uh n-kol-ik]
(adj) sadness, or a person who feels this way
(adj) disposed to or affected with melancholy; gloomy
Melancholic (मेलन्कालिक) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
अवसादग्रस्त, उदास, म्लान, विषादग्रस्त, विषादपूर्ण, उदासी की अवस्था
- Middle English: from Old French melancolie, via late Latin from Greek melankholia, from melas, melan- ‘black’ + kholē ‘bile’, an excess of which was formerly believed to cause depression
Melancholic in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- I felt melancholic about this.
- For it’s when we’re melancholic that words flow for most of us and the emoji simply usurps those words.
- But having said that, The Lovers and the Leavers is not a melancholic book.
- What is commendable is that both actors effortlessly transition from happy to melancholic to even angry in some scenes.
- His demeanour suggests a meditative melancholic mood.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Melancholic
- melan = ‘black’ = sadness
Bollywood – Melancholic scenes
Lugubrious Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary word to your wordlist
Lugubrious [loo–goo-bree-uh s, –gyoo-]
- (adj) excessively mournful
Lugubrious (लुगूब्रीअस / लूग्यूब्रीअस) meaning in Hindi
Lugubrious word usage in recent news (Lugubrious in a sentence)
- That kind of lugubrious tone.
- He sings in such a lugubrious tone as to suggest simultaneously a low rumbling in the caves and a pronouncement from a deity.
- He’s too Welsh and lugubrious.
- Some are “poetic”, some lugubrious, some scathingly self-mocking.
- The old lady blows out her cheeks and assumes a lugubrious expression.
- Two schools of thought that emerged: One, that I just might be tragically right – but who needed such lugubrious news?
- The mood is lugubrious.
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of Lugubrious
- He was very mournful when he had to BURY his maimed LEG.
How to say or pronounce Lugubrious
Time to watch Shahrukh Khan’s lugubrious song from the movie ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’