- (noun) a person of supposed supernatural insight who sees visions of the future. “a seer had foretold that the earl would assume the throne”
- (noun) an expert who provides forecasts of the economic or political future. “our seers have grown gloomier about prospects for growth”
- (noun) a person who sees something specified. “a seer of the future”
Seer meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- भविष्यद्वक्ता, सिद्ध पुरुष, ऋषि, देखनेवाला, द्रष्टा, नबी, पैगम्बर, मनीषी पैग़ंबर, भविष्यद्रष्टा
- Middle English: from see1 + -er1.
Seer in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Prashanth Acharyato be junior seer of Puttige Mutt
- To push for clean Ganga, fasting seer to stop drinking water too
- Amid Political Hullabaloo, 26-Year-old Seer on 179 Day-long Fast for …
- “Midnight Traveler”, “The Seer And The Unseen” win doc awards at …
- Interview Sadhvi Pragya no seer, misusing saffron: ABAP president
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Seer
- seer = who can see future things
Profound Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) (of a state, quality, or emotion) very great or intense; “profound feelings of disquiet”
- (adj) (of a person or statement) having or showing great knowledge or insight; “a profound philosopher”
- (adj) (of a disease or disability) very severe; “a case of profound liver failure”
- (adj) (of a subject or idea) demanding deep study or thought; “expressing profound truths in simple language”
- (noun) the deepest part of something, especially the ocean; “nor billowy surge disturbs the vast profound”
Profound meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- गहरा, गम्भीर, गहन, अत्यंत, महासागर
- Middle English: from Old French profund, from Latin profundus ‘deep’, from Latin pro ‘before’ + fundus ‘bottom’. The word was used earliest in the sense ‘showing deep insight’.
Profound in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Shobhaa De frivolous statement only reflects her profound ignorance of how athletes perform or what motivates them towards excellence.
- The students were in a state of complete shock and profound grief.
- This will have a profound impact on food security and bring us closer to our national goal of doubling farmer incomes by 2020.
- Little and profound emotions have been woven in and the film is sure to give you a lump in the throat.
- India’s energy sector is seeing profound transformations since the past two years.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of profound
- profound = prof. found a deep (profound) secret