- (verb) walk for pleasure in the countryside; “I spent most of my spare time rambling and climbing”
- (verb) talk or write at length in a confused or inconsequential way; “I’m not going to ramble on about environmental issues”
- (verb) (of a plant) put out long shoots and grow over walls or other plants; “roses climbed, rambled, hung over walls”
- (noun) a walk taken for pleasure in the countryside; “I had looked forward to a leisurely ramble amongst the hills”
Ramble meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- घूमना, भ्रमण करना, सैर करना, इधर-उधर भटकना
- late Middle English (in sense 2 of the verb): probably related to Middle Dutch rammelen, used of animals in the sense ‘wander about on heat’, also to the noun ram.
Ramble in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- He tends to ramble and his long-winded verbal deluge can be torture.
- He does ramble along, talking conversationally – in a state that makes a fetish of oratory delivered in literary Tamil.
- The story seems to ramble on for a bit too long without making a very strong point.
- Don’t ramble on and keep it short and sweet.
- Yes, some people would like to post a 10,000 word ramble.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of ramble
- ramble ~ ram ram ram ram ram (stop rambling)