- (noun) a person, typically a child, in ragged, dirty clothes.
Ragamuffin meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- फटीचर, गंदा आदमी, रद्दी आदमी, फटेहाल
- Middle English: probably based on rag1, with a fanciful suffix.
Ragamuffin in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Arthur Mailey, once a shoeless ragamuffin from the Sydney slums, described bowling to his hero in a club match.
- Her name is Darla she’s a rescue and she’s just the sweetest little ragamuffin I’ve ever met.
- A ragamuffin girl accosted the teenager and asked for alms.
- I am ragamuffin and middle class in the sense that the thought of spending money on this does not come easily.
- He imparts his skills to a ragamuffin bunch of street kids.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of ragamuffin
- ragamuffin mein chuupa hai “rag”. – from rags-to-rich stories toh suni hogi
Ragamuffin – Slumdog movie scene