- (adj) excessively concerned with minor details or rules; overscrupulous. “his analyses are careful and even painstaking, but never pedantic”
Pedantic meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
Pedantic in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Basking in the reflected glory of a Nobel laureate, Disclaimer: Indian bar, in case you are waiting for a Jewish joke. There among … (The neighbour, not Abhijit, of course, but why be pedantic).
- Gandhi back in currency, … always theorising and preaching pedantic or didactic but who in fact … In India also the so-called intellectual could not grasp the essentials of …
- Minus MS Dhoni, captain Virat Kohli seems cagey and pedantic, For, Virat Kohli, at times, is reactive, his thinking linear and pedantic, whereas … In the final overs of the ODI in Mohali, India missed a leader.
- PS Narasimha: The Negotiator, Being a well-informed lawyer, he knew that Indian cricket was at crossroads but now as …. Mirroring is of the core values, not in a pedantic way.
- ‘Human rights available to all irrespective of conduct’, says …, It is pedantic to say that those who deny the rights of others are … But that dilatory exercise made all the difference between India and Pakistan.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Pedantic
- or obse(ssed)-Qui( yes in frech)-ous=always obsessed with saying yes to it all
- ob + SEQUI + ous .. sequi means sequence where one thing “follows” the other.. and servants follow what their masters say..