- (adj) (of a disease or poison) extremely severe or harmful in its effects;“a virulent strain of influenza”
- (adj) bitterly hostile;“a virulent attack on liberalism”
Virulent (विरलन्ट / विर्यलन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उग्र, जहरीला, तीखा, द्रोही, विषमय, विषाक्त, विषैला, संक्रामक
- late Middle English (originally describing a poisoned wound): from Latin virulentus, from virus ‘poison’
Virulent in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Virulent CPM hatred triggered attack on CITU leader.
- In this past week we have seen virulent hysteria from political leaders on a scale rarely seen before.
- Even while targeting BJP, parties are competing with each other to be seen as the most virulent critic of the half-baked move.
- Strain of dengue in Delhi less virulent, says health secretary.
- On the social media, the tone is virulent; one asked, “why should every policy be about the poor.” Why indeed?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Virulent
- (adj) witheringly scornful; severely critical; “Kejriwal launched a scathing attack on the Prime Minister”
Scathing (स्केदिंग / स्कैदिंग) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- तीखा, हानि पहुंचाने वाला, नुकसान पहुंचाने वाला
- Middle English: from Old Norse skathi (noun), skatha (verb); related to Dutch and German schaden (verb).
Scathing in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Nick Smith dodges questions on scathing environment report.
- Modi is doing ‘khoon ki dalaali’: Rahul’s scathing attack on PM.
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal made a scathing attack on the BJP state government in Gujarat for utilizing force during the Patel agitation.
- BJP at the national council launched a scathing attack on Pakistan following the Uri terror attack.
- He’s a punk, he’s a dog, he’s a pig: Robert De Niro’s scathing attack on Donald Trump.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of scathing
- (adj) filled with bitter criticism or malice; “he launched a vitriolic attack on the government”
Vitriolic meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- कटु, तीखा, सख़्त, अति कटु भाषण
Vitriolic in a sentence (word usage from recent newspaper)
- Trumps vitriolic, hate-filled rhetoric is scary.
- Group condemns vitriolic attack on NAPIMS boss.
- Mr. Trump’s most vitriolic statements have targeted minorities including Muslims, Mexicans, women and the LGBT community.
- Some BJP leaders also believe Sidhu would not mount any vitriolic attack on BJP in the cut and thrust of the electoral battle of Punjab assembly.
- From questioning his educational qualifications to sending vitriolic tweets, the CM has not missed an opportunity to target Modi.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of vitriolic
- VITRIOL = another name for sulphuric acid (H2SO4) which is bitter, caustic and harsh.