Soporific [sop-uh-rif-ik, soh-puh-]
- (adj) tending to induce drowsiness or sleep;“some medicine made her soporific”
- (noun) a drug or other substance that induces drowsiness or sleep; “she was given a soporific”
Soporific meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- निँदासा, ऊंघता हुआ, निद्राजनक, नींद लानेवाला, निद्राकर औषध
- mid 17th century: from Latin sopor ‘sleep’ + -ific.
Soporific in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- The police told Reuters they had no information about the possible use of soporific gas in the air conditioning system.
- England’s bowlers otherwise seemingly affected by the soporific atmosphere.
- The soporific mood is well and truly alive in the Union Territory and is never more evident than on long summer days.
- It’s rather ironical then that every conversation in the film feels like a lecture — like the tedious, soporific lectures one gets in bad colleges.
- The procedure is carried out to remove the fattening tissue under a general soporific.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of soporific
- soporific mein chhupa hai “soo” (sleep)
Cute Kid Soporific Funny Video So Adorable