- (noun) a division or contrast between two things that are or are represented as being opposed or entirely different. “a rigid dichotomy between science and mysticism”
- (noun) Repeated branching into two equal parts.
Dichotomy meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- द्विभाजन, किसी दो भिन्न पदार्थ या समूह के विभाग
- late 16th century: via modern Latin from Greek dikhotomia, from dikho– ‘in two, apart’ + -tomia (see -tomy)
Dichotomy in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- ‘After All the Mockery’: Allowed to Appeal Against Extradition, Mallya …, “The conclusions are in effect a false dichotomy. … Vijay Mallya flew out of India on March 2, 2016, after defaulting on loans amounting to Rs.
- Indian iron-ore market dichotomy of rising imports, rising domestic …,
KOLKATA (miningweekly.com) – A dichotomy in Indian iron-ore production/supply dynamics has emerged with the government claiming no …
- Spotify launches first national TV campaign in India, The first TV and first multilingual campaign for the brand in India, it targets … and social norms, some kind of dichotomy fuels individual lives.
- 55% parents at risk of endangering kid’s safety online: OLX survey, The dichotomy points to having high awareness about the need to be safe … The new research conducted by OLX India on the occasion of …
- Missing secularism in new education policy, The opposition in south India, especially in the state of Tamil Nadu, was so strong that the NEP committee swiftly …. The moral dichotomy.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Dichotomy
- can be think as di + cut _ … so dichotomy is cutting into two parts
- sounds like Botany-branching into two (of trees etc.)
India’s demographic dichotomy