- (adj) (of a disease or poison) extremely severe or harmful in its effects;“a virulent strain of influenza”
- (adj) bitterly hostile;“a virulent attack on liberalism”
Virulent (विरलन्ट / विर्यलन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उग्र, जहरीला, तीखा, द्रोही, विषमय, विषाक्त, विषैला, संक्रामक
- late Middle English (originally describing a poisoned wound): from Latin virulentus, from virus ‘poison’
Virulent in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Virulent CPM hatred triggered attack on CITU leader.
- In this past week we have seen virulent hysteria from political leaders on a scale rarely seen before.
- Even while targeting BJP, parties are competing with each other to be seen as the most virulent critic of the half-baked move.
- Strain of dengue in Delhi less virulent, says health secretary.
- On the social media, the tone is virulent; one asked, “why should every policy be about the poor.” Why indeed?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Virulent
- (adj) witheringly scornful; severely critical; “Kejriwal launched a scathing attack on the Prime Minister”
Scathing (स्केदिंग / स्कैदिंग) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- तीखा, हानि पहुंचाने वाला, नुकसान पहुंचाने वाला
- Middle English: from Old Norse skathi (noun), skatha (verb); related to Dutch and German schaden (verb).
Scathing in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Nick Smith dodges questions on scathing environment report.
- Modi is doing ‘khoon ki dalaali’: Rahul’s scathing attack on PM.
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal made a scathing attack on the BJP state government in Gujarat for utilizing force during the Patel agitation.
- BJP at the national council launched a scathing attack on Pakistan following the Uri terror attack.
- He’s a punk, he’s a dog, he’s a pig: Robert De Niro’s scathing attack on Donald Trump.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of scathing
Punitive Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) inflicting or intended as punishment; “he called for punitive measures against the Eastern bloc”
- (adj) (of a tax or other charge) extremely high; “the government plans to announce punitive taxes on imports”
Punitive (प्यूनटिव / प्यूनिटिव) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- early 17th century: from French punitif, -ive or medieval Latin punitivus, from Latin punit- ‘punished’, from the verb punire (see punish).
Punitive in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Punitive action: Imtiaz store to stay closed for 6 hours every day. Decision made due to massive traffic jams caused by shoppers.
- The administration has, finally, decided to take punitive action against cattle owners if their cows, buffaloes, goats are seen bathing in the lake.
- According to him, it is prudent that the government rolls out punitive measures to deter people from displaying bad environmental practices.
- A federal jury on May 23 awarded $6,128.39 in compensatory damages and $2.5 million in punitive damages to David M. Daugherty of Vienna.
- The federal government is considering punitive tax measures against non-filers of income tax returns in the federal budget.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of punitive