- (adj) (of a man) confident, stylish, and charming; “all the men looked debonair and handsome in white tie and tails”
Debonair (डेबनेर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- मिलनसार, मेहरबान, विनीत, सुशील, हँसमुख, ख़ुशदिल, ख़ुशमिज़ाज
- Middle English (in the sense ‘meek or courteous’): from Old French debonaire, from de bon aire ‘of good disposition’.
Debonair in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Shahid Kapoor turns the DEBONAIR mode on in this trippy photoshoot.
- Aamir looked debonair in a Nehru jacket while his wife Kiran Rao looked stunning in a shimmery golden sari.
- He’s like some kind of humorless combination of James Bond and Dirk Diggler, both debonair and dirty.
- On Valentine’s Day, show your date you’re debonair by courting the wines of the world.
- The beautiful ladies and debonair gentlemen arrived in limousines and walked the red carpet donning their elegant gowns and suits.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of debonair
- debo = bebo = kareena kapoor .. bebo ka husband debonair hi hoga
- (adj) abrupt or offhand in speech or manner; “she could be brusque and impatient”
Brusque (ब्रस्क) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 17th century: from French, ‘lively, fierce’, from Italian brusco ‘sour’.
Brusque in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Donald Trump is brusque, aggressive, narcissistic and most likely, brutally honest.
- Known for his hard-line law-and-order views and brusque manner, he would set a very different tone than previous holders of the job.
- Trump has come across as brusque, almost bordering on being boorish, with no respect for the woman.
- While such sudden and brusque changes are the norm in corporate America which did not even spare its CEO Steve Jobs in 1985.
- Brusque & ruthless, Jagmohan Dalmiya lifted the game.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of brusque
- brush kyun??? I dont want to brush and kiss you!
- (adj) witheringly scornful; severely critical; “Kejriwal launched a scathing attack on the Prime Minister”
Scathing (स्केदिंग / स्कैदिंग) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- तीखा, हानि पहुंचाने वाला, नुकसान पहुंचाने वाला
- Middle English: from Old Norse skathi (noun), skatha (verb); related to Dutch and German schaden (verb).
Scathing in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Nick Smith dodges questions on scathing environment report.
- Modi is doing ‘khoon ki dalaali’: Rahul’s scathing attack on PM.
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal made a scathing attack on the BJP state government in Gujarat for utilizing force during the Patel agitation.
- BJP at the national council launched a scathing attack on Pakistan following the Uri terror attack.
- He’s a punk, he’s a dog, he’s a pig: Robert De Niro’s scathing attack on Donald Trump.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of scathing
Acrid Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with pictures
- (adj) unpleasantly bitter or pungent; “the acrid smell of smoke clung about the building”
Acrid (ऐक्रिड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- तीखा, चरपरा, कटु, उग्र, कड़ुवा
- early 18th century: formed irregularly from Latin acer, acri- ‘sharp, pungent’ + -id1, probably influenced by acid.
Acrid in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- These days flavours of apple, mint, cheery, even chocolate and coffee are added to mask the acrid taste of tobacco.
- After having sex with her husband, she would sleep in a separate room, the sheets slowly soaking with an acrid smell.
- The blaze has belched acrid smoke across a widespread area of Southern California, prompting air quality warnings.
- My nostrils dilate while savoring the acrid odor of gunpowder and blood.
- The acrid smell of tear gas fills the air.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of acrid
- Acrid – Acid like ( ‘r’ hata do)
Vitriolic Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi transaltion with picture dictionary
- (adj) filled with bitter criticism or malice; “he launched a vitriolic attack on the government”
Vitriolic meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- कटु, तीखा, सख़्त, अति कटु भाषण
Vitriolic in a sentence (word usage from recent newspaper)
- Trumps vitriolic, hate-filled rhetoric is scary.
- Group condemns vitriolic attack on NAPIMS boss.
- Mr. Trump’s most vitriolic statements have targeted minorities including Muslims, Mexicans, women and the LGBT community.
- Some BJP leaders also believe Sidhu would not mount any vitriolic attack on BJP in the cut and thrust of the electoral battle of Punjab assembly.
- From questioning his educational qualifications to sending vitriolic tweets, the CM has not missed an opportunity to target Modi.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of vitriolic
- VITRIOL = another name for sulphuric acid (H2SO4) which is bitter, caustic and harsh.