- (verb) push (someone or something) roughly. “they started pushing and shoving people out of the way”
- (verb) make one’s way by pushing someone or something. “Woolley shoved past him”
- (verb) put (something) somewhere carelessly or roughly. “she shoved the books into her briefcase”
- (verb) used to express angry dismissal of something. “I told the selectors to shove it”
- (noun) a strong push. “she gave him a hefty shove and he nearly fell”
Shove meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- धक्का, रेला, झेलना, ठेलना, डालना, ढकेलना, फेंकना, रेलना, खिसकाना, धकेलना, धक्का देना, सरकाना, घुसेड़ना
- Old English scūfan (verb), of Germanic origin; related to Dutch schuiven and German schieben, also to shuffle.
Shove in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Murphy’s Law: Take This Deal And Shove It, India is the largest customer for Israeli weapons, especially missile systems and Indian users all …
- We love Hindi; don’t shove it down the throat, South Indian states were incensed, with the loudest protests coming from Tamil Nadu, which has historically opposed Hindi hegemony, …
- The Idea of India Needs Constant War, Tell us more about it,’ – as a social scientist based in India as much as in … the BJP government plans to go to shove unity under India’s throat.
- Let’s keep it civil, The reality of the public sphere in India is less enchanting, more prosaic. … as citizens we do the exact same thing when push comes to shove.
- Railways Offers Massage Services, Netizens Remind it of Filthy Toilets …, Not surprisingly, many in India had an opinion on that. The massage … The push nd shove in overcrowded is no lesser than a massage.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Shove
- it can be opposite of shave .. here you push downward and push smoothly…
- SHOVE SOUNDS LIKE SHOE…you push forward something with your shoes.