- (adj) characterized by an abnormal and unhealthy interest in disturbing and unpleasant subjects, especially death and disease. “his morbid fascination with the horrors of contemporary warfare”
- (adj) of the nature of or indicative of disease. “the treatment of morbid obesity”
Morbid meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- रोगजन्य, रुग्ण, रोगग्रस्त
- mid 17th century (in the medical sense): from Latin morbidus, from morbus ‘disease’.
Morbid in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- HIV-associated tuberculosis on the rise: India TB Reportm HIV co-infection or co-morbidity with TB in India was nearly 50,000 out of a total 2,155,894 cases, according to the 2019 report, amounting to a …
- ‘Ab Hind Banega Pakistan’: Event attended by Pakistani …, While its Facebook page was evidence enough for the kind of morbid hatred against India that the event would cater to, the organizers appear …
- Billionaire Ken Fisher, who compared winning clients getting …,Life insurance is fundamentally hard to sell; it’s morbid to think about, promises no immediate rewards, and often requires a lengthy paper …
- Winning Kashmir and Losing India, Anticipating outrage and protest, the Indian government placed the … of locals celebrate homegrown militancy with a morbid, cultish passion.
- After dengue, Telangana prepares for swine flu, “If a patient has co-morbid conditions and is in high-risk category, such patients should be straight away shifted to Gandhi Hospital, Hyderabad …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Morbid
- MORBID = MORTAL (deadly) + BITE (like of an insect) –> a deadly bite is unhealthy and disease related.
- more+bed = more thoughts about dying on a bed
How to Pronounce Morbid