Stifle Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation
- (verb) restrain (a reaction) or stop oneself acting on (an emotion); “she stifled a giggle”
- (verb) prevent or constrain (an activity or idea); “high taxes were stifling private enterprise”
- (verb) make (someone) unable to breathe properly; suffocate; “those in the streets were stifled by the fumes”
- (noun) a joint in the legs of horses, dogs, and other animals, equivalent to the knee in humans.
Stifle (स्टाइफल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late Middle English: perhaps from a frequentative of Old French estouffer ‘smother, stifle’.
Stifle in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- World Cup 2018 Qualifying: Syrians stifle Korea, Japan back on track.
- Sedition Has Become an Easy Tool to Stifle Dissent: Aakar Patel.
- Realty Law Has ‘Serious Anomalies’, Can Stifle Growth: DLF.
- BoE says won’t stifle innovation as wrestles with fintech.
- Is Jai Hind College trying to stifle the voices of Mumbai youths?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of stifle
- stifle = stif + rifle dekhkar chor bhi stifle ho jaayega
Contented Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
Contended [kuh n-ten-tid]
- (adj) feeling or expressing happiness or satisfaction.“I felt warm and contented”
- (adj) willing to accept something; satisfied.“I was never contented with half measures”
- (adj) accept as adequate despite wanting more or better.“we contented ourselves with a few small purchases”
Contended (कन्टेन्टड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late Middle English: via Old French from Latin contentus ‘satisfied’, past participle of continere
Contented in a sentence (usage in Newspaper)
- In the initial overs of the morning session at The Oval, both batsmen looked contented to leave balls and defend nicely.
- She had a child in the first year of marriage and told us she was quite contented in her new home.
- I will die a contented man.
- He was contented, concerned about people around him and their families, and was polite and punctual.
- The more worldly pleasure we enjoy, the less satisfied and contented we are with life.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of contented
- Container agar bhara hoga.. toh satisfied hoga…
Mr India – Mogambo Khush Hua – Amrish Puri – Hindi Action Scene