- (verb) hurl missiles repeatedly at; “two boys pelted him with rotten apples”
- (verb) hurl (something) at someone or something; “she spotted four boys pelting stones at ducks”
- (of rain, hail, or snow) fall quickly and very heavily; “the rain was pelting down”
- (informal) run somewhere very quickly; “I pelted across the road”
- (Phrases) full pelt — as fast as possible; “I ran downstairs at full pelt”
- (noun) the skin of an animal with the fur, wool, or hair still on it; “traders brought reindeer pelts”
- (Phrases) in one’s pelt — naked.“they came across Henn, standing in his pelt by the river”
Pelt (पेलत / पलट / पेल्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- झपटना, झोंकना, डालना, पीटना, फेंकना, मारना, फेंक कर मारना, ताबड़तोड़ भागना, मूसलाधार होना, तेज़ी से आगे बढ़ना, खाल, चमड़ा, चोट, मार, कच्चा चमड़ा, ताबड़तोड़ भागना, मूसलाधार होना, कूड़ा-कर्कट, फेंकने का कार्य
- Middle English: either from obsolete pellet ‘skin’, from an Old French diminutive of pel ‘skin’, from Latin pellis ‘skin’, or a back-formation from peltry.
Pelt in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Miscreants pelt stones on new Train 18 during trial run.
- Hailstorm, rain pelt down on rabi crops.
- New Zealand canoe hire shop housed Tassie tiger pelt worth $250000.
- Storms pelt Shaver Lake with snow and rain mix.
- An animal’s pelt can be affected by a number of environmental factors.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of pelt
Gambol Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with Picture Dictionary
(verb) run or jump about playfully “Lead singer Andrea gambolled and spun with aplomb”
(noun) an act of running or jumping about playfully “the two of them run off to the woods for a gambol together”
Gambol (गैम्बल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
उछल-कूद करना, कलोल, कूद-फांद
- early 16th century: alteration of gambade (see gambado1), via French from Italian gambata ‘trip up’, from gamba ‘leg’.
Gambol in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- But however much they frolic and gambol, the walls of the room contain them.
- As fish gambol, preen and strut in the water, so thinking beings give off their best only when left uncontrolled.
- The promise in the name seemed to have paid off as I watched the three creatures gambol in the water.
- Goats and bare-bodied babies gambol around them, while a cow, undisturbed by any of this, pensively chews on her cud.
- Note that their own kids gambol in Pizza Huts and beer parlors : eminently conducive environs for spouting nationalism.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of gambol
- gambol = game+ball (ucchal-khud)
Abscond Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture Dictionary
- (verb) leave hurriedly and secretly, typically to escape from custody or avoid arrest
Abscond (ऐब्स्कान्ड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 16th century (in the sense ‘hide, conceal oneself’): from Latin abscondere ‘hide’, from ab- ‘away, from’ + condere ‘stow’
Abscond in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- After conning the victims of huge sums of money, they abscond.
- Probably that was one of the main reasons he chose to surrender and cooperate with his captors rather than abscond.
- No one, howsoever mighty he or she maybe, has the right to abscond from the law.
- In the attempt to abscond from the place he lost control of the vehicle and knocked against two checkpoint barricades one after the other.
- Real estate tycoon Anil Kumar Sharma today claimed that he was not absconding after being named an accused in the murder of Balika.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of abscond
- “Ab” – scond (“KAND”) – ‘Ab’ ‘kand’ karoge toh secrectly bhagna padega nahh
Dhoom – John’s absconding scene