- (adj) abrupt or offhand in speech or manner; “she could be brusque and impatient”
Brusque (ब्रस्क) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 17th century: from French, ‘lively, fierce’, from Italian brusco ‘sour’.
Brusque in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Donald Trump is brusque, aggressive, narcissistic and most likely, brutally honest.
- Known for his hard-line law-and-order views and brusque manner, he would set a very different tone than previous holders of the job.
- Trump has come across as brusque, almost bordering on being boorish, with no respect for the woman.
- While such sudden and brusque changes are the norm in corporate America which did not even spare its CEO Steve Jobs in 1985.
- Brusque & ruthless, Jagmohan Dalmiya lifted the game.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of brusque
- brush kyun??? I dont want to brush and kiss you!
Fractious [frak-shuh s]
- (adj) (typically of children) irritable and quarrelsome; “they fight and squabble like fractious children”
- (adj) (of a group or organization) difficult to control; unruly. “the National Olympic Committee has to hold its fractious members together”
Fractious ( फ्रैक्शस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- झगड़ालू, बेलगाम, अनियंत्रित, लड़ाका
- late 17th century: from fraction, probably on the pattern of the pair faction, factious
Fractious in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Fractious caste conflicts are no more the sole preserve of the Hindi heartland.
- We saw him embrace Greg Chappell’s philosophy, if not necessarily his approach, during those fractious times between 2005 and 2007.
- Thus the monetary policy committee might appear as a fractious and divided house.
- A 100-day protest in 1991, caused by fractious disputes over the nature of course structure, is especially memorable.
- The accord, reached after long, fractious negotiations, marks a dramatic break from decades of animosity between the United States and Iran
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of fractious
- Fractious – fracture ho gya hai, isleye itna irritating behave kar raha hai launda
Indian Fractious girlfriend
Choleric [kol-er-ik, kuh-ler-ik]
- (adj) easily moved to anger
- (adj) bad-tempered or irritable
Choleric (कालरिक) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
Choleric in a sentence (usage in Newspaper)
- It was Nawazuddin’s portrayal of a choleric policeman that really steals the show.
- Known for his choleric attitude, actor Aditya Pancholi got into a heated argument with journalists at Santa Cruz
- When was the last time we remember him acting so choleric?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Choleric
- cholera ho gaya hai… isleye Choleric behave kar raha hai (irritated and bad-tempered)
Personality Types – Sanguine, melancholy, Choleric, Phlegmatic
- (adj) easily irritated or annoyed
Peevish (पीविश) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
Peevish sentences from Newspaper
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of peevish
- Thand mein agar baar baar “Pee” karne ki “Wish” hoye toh irritating ho jaata hai
Sharukh Khan in Peevish Mood