- (noun) a fictitious name, especially one used by an author; “Hanbury wrote a novel under the pseudonym of James Aston”
Pseudonym meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Meaning)
- mid 19th century: from French pseudonyme, from Greek pseudōnymos, from pseudēs ‘false’ + onoma ‘name’.
Pseudonym in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- I had written a Faking News Post under a pseudonym against the rampant sexism at an age-old hostel tradition.
- Her lawsuit, filed under the pseudonym Jane Roe, resulted in the court’s 1973 decision that established a woman’s right to an abortion.
- But that is not why some women authors wrote under male pseudonyms.
- 3 Lewis Carroll was the pseudonym adopted by Charles Lutwidge Dodgson.
- US President Barack Obama reportedly used a pseudonym in some of the e-mails he exchanged with Hillary Clinton.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of pseudonym
Appellation (ऐपलेशन / ऐपलैशन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
नाम, पदवी, संज्ञा, उपपद, उपाधि
- late Middle English: via Old French from Latin appellatio(n- ), from the verb appellare
Appellation in a sentence (word usage in sentence)
- The Islamic word Allah is therefore not an innovation but the ancient Sanskrit appellation retained and continued to be used by Islam.
- Long after the actor went back to Hyderabad, media circles struggled to get the correct appellation for the actor’s sartorial choice.
- Meanwhile, Sushil Kumar Modi started calling himself SuMo, aping Narendra Modi’s appellation NaMo.
- Hajj Amin (hajj is the appellation of a Muslim who has made the obligatory pilgrimage to Mecca) was a trouble-maker right from the beginning.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of appellation
- appellation = apple + nation => mere nation ka naam apple hai 🙂
raj naam (appellation) to suna hoga_rab ne bana di jodi