Penitent Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) feeling or showing sorrow and regret for having done wrong; repentant; “she stood with her hands joined below her waist like a penitent child”
- (noun) a person who repents their sins and (in the Christian Church) seeks forgiveness from God.
- (noun) (in the Roman Catholic Church) a person who confesses their sins to a priest and submits to the penance that he imposes.
Penitent (पेनिटन्ट / पेनिटिन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- पश्चातापी, पछताने या अफ़सोस करने वाला, तोबा करनेवाला व्यक्ति, अनुतापी
- Middle English: from Old French, from Latin paenitent- ‘repenting’, from the verb paenitere.
Penitent in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Penitent, he attempted to reconcile himself to his father, but King Henry II feared that this was a trick and refused to attend his son.
- Kalam was penitent after this reproachful decision.
- Forget that wildling that tried to kill you, you’re done with that penitent sex thing.
- I am also penitent that the State Govt. put restrictions on the payment of the cheques but Bandh will not solve such problems permanently.
- They were like penitent schoolboys and confessed sheepishly, ‘We won’t ever repeat this.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of penitent
- he went in the ‘tent’ and gave a ‘penny’ as a bribe, later on he was penitent that he should have not paid bribe.
Contrite Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture
Contrite [kuh n-trahyt, kon-trahyt]
- (adj) feeling or expressing remorse at the recognition that one has done wrong
Contrite (कन्ट्राइट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अनुतापी, दुःखित, पश्चात्तापी, मनोव्यथित
- Middle English: from Old French contrit, from Latin contritus, past participle of conterere ‘grind down, wear away’, from con- ‘together’ + terere ‘rub’.
Contrite in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of contrite
- Aache se ‘count’ karo ‘money’ nahi toh baad mein contrite (पश्चात्तापी) ho jaaoge
Contrite Salman Khan Cried In Court Room After Getting 5 Year Jail Term
Abject Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi Translation with Pictures
Abject [ab-jekt, ab-jekt]
- (adj) utterly hopeless, miserable, humiliating, or wretched; “abject poverty”
- (adj) (of something bad) experienced or present to the maximum degree; “abject condition”
- (adj) (of a person or their behaviour) completely without pride or dignity; self-abasing; “an abject apology”
Abject (ऐब्जेक्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अधम,कमीना,घृणित,दयनीय,दीन-हीन,नीच,पतित,बुरा,भयानक,घृणा योग्य
- late Middle English (in the sense ‘rejected’): from Latin abjectus, past participle of abicere ‘reject’, from ab- ‘away’ + jacere ‘to throw’.
Abject in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of abject
- Abject ~ Reject, if you get Rejected in a job interview, you will be in abject condition.
Abject poverty for this mother and child on India’s urban streets