- (noun) the prevailing fashion or style at a particular time. “the vogue is to make realistic films”
- (noun) general acceptance or favour; popularity. “crochet garments are in vogue this season”
- (adj) popular; fashionable. “‘citizenship’ was to be the government’s vogue word”
- (verb) dance to music in such a way as to imitate the characteristic poses struck by a model on a catwalk.
Vogue meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- लोकप्रियता, प्रचलन, प्रचलन में होना
- late 16th century (in the vogue, denoting the foremost place in popular estimation): from French, from Italian voga ‘rowing, fashion’, from vogare ‘row, go well’.
Vogue in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- What went into the making of Vogue India’s September 2019 …, Ten years since the release of The September Issue, and in its spirit, Vogue India presents a slice-of-life look into the making of our own …
- Best dressed at the Vogue Beauty Awards through time …, It’s safe to say that, the Vogue Beauty Awards one of the most talked about events at the Vogue India office. We’re just a few short days away …
- Priyanka Chopra in Vogue’s September Issue: “Buying a home and …. “I think people look at India differently because of Priyanka Chopra.
- 8 fiction books by first-time Indian authors you should be …, Vogue rounded up eight standout literary fiction debuts from 2019 that you … at close to 400 pages) was published in India in July of this year.
- HT Brunch Cover Story: India’s biggest fashion editors write …, “The September issue has always been special and of course, Vogue’s first Indian book had to reflect that. But it’s also special because in India, …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Vogue
- remember provogue brand
- vogue is like “bhog” in Hindi. bhog represents comfort. One will wants bhog will be up to date with all the vogues.